The Pacifica Community Center can be rented by private, community and nonprofit groups on weekends and evenings during non-program hours. Some rooms may be available during regular program hours as well. Facilities include auditorium, kitchen, dance studio, two mid-sized meeting rooms and two smaller meeting rooms. Typical rentals include wedding receptions, fundraisers (dances, dinners, auctions), birthday parties, showers, baptisms, workshops, trainings and meetings. Rates vary depending on rental space and length. To make a reservation or for more information about Pacifica Community Center rentals, email or call 650-738-7376 or 650-738-7381.
Click here for Community Center prices, application and permit.
- Click here for Community Center Rental Regulations & Guidelines.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
A security deposit of $250 (private rentals) or $500 (non-profit, fundraisers or entire building) is required to secure date & time. Security deposit will be refunded; pending approval from staff. (Refunds may take 14-30 business days.)
For private and commercial rentals, staff will setup the tables and chairs. Non-Profit and Fundraisers responsible for setup.
For all rentals, client is responsible for clean up and breakdown of tables and chairs.
Rentals not serving or selling alcohol may be able to secure insurance from an outside source. Proof of insurance must be provided 10 days before the event.
City Insurance when serving or selling alcohol is required:
Price by person: 0-50 persons $101 | 51-249 persons $127 | 250+ persons $149
- Alcohol Insurance additional fee of $21.
Selling of alcohol requires client to obtain an ABC license from the state. Proof of ABC insurance must be provided 10 days before the event.
- When alcohol is served, two security guards (one if under 100 guests) must be present during the event. Security guard information (name, badge ID, company) must be on file 2 weeks prior to the event. Upon arrival for the event, guard must read and initial the security guard agreement stating their responsibilities during event.
- Extra time, unauthorized usage of equipment, damage to Community Center property, of failure to properly clean up may result in partial or full loss of security deposit and additional fees.
- Events utilizing entire building may require additional Building Attendants; at an extra per hour fee.
- Kitchen is an additional flat rate of $100 for use of warming and staging food only.
Facility Close Dates
Reservations cannot be made on the dates listed below.
- New Year’s Day – January 1st
- Martin Luther King Jr’s Birthday – 3rd Monday in January
- Lincoln’s Birthday – February 12th
- President’s Day – 3rd Monday in February
- Easter – Sunday in March/April
- Memorial Day – Last Monday in May
- Independence Day – July 4th
- Labor Day – 1st Monday in September
- Veterans Day – November 11
- Thanksgiving Holidays – 4th Thursday and Friday in November
- Winter Holidays – December 24th,25th, 31st
The Auditorium: Seating Only: 175 persons. Tables & Chairs: 150 persons.
Room Measurements: 50' x 50'
Includes tables, chairs and optional stage
Auditorium Photos and Layouts
The Dance Studio: Seating Only: 100 persons. Tables & Chairs: 55 persons.
Room Measurements: 56' x 24'
Great for small parties.
Dance Studio Photos and Layouts
The Card Room: Seating Only: 60 persons. Tables & Chairs: 40 persons.
Room Measurements: 33' x 24'
Large meeting room
Card Room Photos and Layouts
The Portola Room: Seating Only: 40 persons. Tables & Chairs: 30 persons.
Room Measurements: 26' 12'
Large meeting room.
Portola Room Photos and Layouts
The Game Room: Seating Only: 20 persons. Tables & Chairs: 14 persons.
Room Measurements: 33' x 26'
Smaller Meeting Room.
Game Room Photos and Layouts
The Craft Room: Seating Only: 40 persons. Tables & Chairs: 30 persons.
Room Measurements: 24' x 21'
During the day, used to create crafts. In the evening, small meeting room.
Craft Room Photos and Layouts
The Ceramics Room: Seating Only: 40 persons. Tables & Chairs: 30 persons.
Room Measurements: 26' x 12'
During the day, used to create ceramic pieces. In the evening, small meeting room.
Ceramincs Room Photos and Layouts
The Meeting Room: Seating Only: 10 persons. Tables & Chairs: 8 persons.
Room Measurements: 12' x 12'
smallest meeting room.
Meeting Room Photos and Layouts
The Community Center Kitchen
Only available for rent Friday nights and Weekends. Kitchen is for use of warming and staging food only.
The Art Gallery
The Senior Lounge: Seating Only: 10 persons. Tables & Chairs: 8 persons.
Room Measurements: 12' x 12'
Area not available for rent.
Senior Lounge Photos and Layouts
Built in 1972, the Pacifica Community Center was originally an AT&T operator switching station for the Bay Area. Due to extensive damage to the underground wiring system caused by the storms of 1982 and advances in technology making the facility obsolete, AT&T curtailed operations.The building remained empty until the city council authorized the Trust for Public Land to assist the city in negotiating a purchase price for the property in August 1986.
With the transaction complete, the city council formed a 13-member community center review committee in October of 1986 to assist with the definition of uses and design of the facility. The city council approved contracts with architectural firm Grossmann Design Group and Hodgson Construction Company to renovate the building into a community center. The building was completed and dedicated in November 1988.