Refer to the City's Closures and Suspension page for details on Current City operations.
Information & Resources
(updated 1:00pm on 04/03/2020)
General Info & FAQ
Turn to official channels for news and information about COVID-19
Shelter in Place Order
Community Info & Resources
- The Pacifica Resource Center is available to assist our community with essential services, including groceries, housing assistance, and other critical services. They have modified service delivery to minimize contact in the community and encourage you to reach out if you need help or would like to help during this time. See their website for more information and for the most up to date information.
- Second Harvest Food Bank is working hard to provide the community with food.
- San Mateo County Libraries are closed to public access effective Monday, March 16 – Thursday, April 30. The libraries continue to make wifi available to the public. It can be accessed at any of the San Mateo County Library parking lots. For more information about continued or modified services offered during the closure, see their website here.
- School Information
- What Restaurants and Grocery Stores are Open?
- Transit Information
- The Transit District has updated information on the SamTrans and Caltrain pages. Note that the most recent update includes service reductions that are necessary in response to ridership losses and school closures.
Volunteering & Donations
- The County may need volunteers to help serve vulnerable members of our community. If you are interested in helping, sign up here.
- The California Volunteers website provides information on how to help in your community by donating time, food, supplies, blood, or money.
- Second Harvest Bank knows many community members are asking, “How can I help right now?”. They make suggestions here, as well as answer many commonly asked questions.
Business & Worker Resources
Health Info & Resources
- What are the symptoms of COVID-19?
- What steps should I be taking to protect myself?
- Project Baseline is offering this online questionnaire to San Mateo County residents who would like to be tested for COVID-19. Based on the responses and testing appointment availability, you will learn whether you qualify for testing through this program at this time.
- How can I manage stress and anxiety during this time?
- Here are more reliable sources for information:
Life With a New Norm
- Parks, Beaches, & Recreation have created a Virtual Community Center to connect you to people, classes, info, and fun! Come join us here.
- Pacifica's parks, beaches, and hiking trails are open and you are encouraged to use them! Please keep yourselves and the community safe and maintain six feet of social distancing around others. (NOTE: Public bathrooms are OPEN and cleaned frequently. Playgrounds are CLOSED.)
- Here are 10 tips for living life under the Shelter in Place Order.
- Have kids going stir crazy? Here are some ideas to keep children comfortable and entertained.
Return to top of page