City of Pacifica Program and Facility Impacts
(updated on 9/2/2021)
The City is working hard to ensure the health and well-being of our community with minimal service interruption. To reduce spread of COVID-19, some staff are working remotely and some City Offices are closed to the public. City services are offered virtually and remotely to the greatest extent feasible. For a quick guide to services, go to our Virtual City Hall.
|For More Detailed Information, Click Department Name Below
General City Hall Information
- City Hall staff have moved to the Pacifica Community Center at 540 Crespi Dr., and City Offices are open to the public. Masks are required at all times in City buildings. The City Hall location at 170 Santa Maria Ave., is temporarily closed. For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-738-7300.
City Attorney/Claims for Damages
- For general inquiries or to request a Claims for Damages form, please email email@example.com, or call 650-738-7409.
- The City Clerk, along with the rest of the City Hall offices, has moved to the Pacifica Community Center at 540 Crespi Dr., and they are open to the public. Masks are required at all times in City buildings.
- For information about specific services please visit the City Clerk page here.
- For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-738-7395.
- For Business Licenses, call 650-738-7392 for the required forms and to schedule an appointment to submit them.
- For check payments, please pay by mail: City of Pacifica, Attn: Finance Department, 540 Crespi Dr., Pacifica, CA 94044
- For cash payments please call the Business Licenses phone number and make an appointment.
Parks, Beaches, & Recreation
- The Parks, Beaches and Recreation Department staff have moved to the Pacifica Community Center at 540 Crespi Dr., and the Parks, Beaches, and Recreation Department is open to the public. Masks are required at all times in City buildings. The PB&R location at 1810 Francisco Blvd., is temporarily closed.
- Beach Parking Pass are available for purchase online. Passes will be mailed out weekly. Receipt on dashboard may be used until pass is received. To compensate our annual Pacifica State Beach parking pass holders for the period of beach parking lots closure, the City of Pacifica is extending the expiration of current parking passes based on the renewal date.
- Brink Pool Classes CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. All aquatic programming cancelled as of 8/1/20 at 12:01am.
Child Care Services
- All Child Care Sites will be closed August 17, 2020 and August 18, 2020. Programming will resume on Wed. 8/19/20
- Child Care Sites Open 7/6 open 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with modified programming requirements.
- Preschool at Fairmont Park Open 7/6 open 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with modified programming requirements.
- Preschool at Fairmont West Open 7/6 open 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with modified programming requirements.
- Skatepark is OPEN (as of 06/17/2020)
- Dog Parks are OPEN (as of 07/01/2020)
- Playgrounds are Open (as of 11/4/2020)
- Pacifica Municipal Pier is OPEN (as of 06/17/2020)
- Beach Parking lots are OPEN (as of 05/30/2020)
- Linda Mar South Lot, Rockaway Beach, and Pier bathrooms are OPEN and are cleaned frequently. All other bathrooms are CLOSED.
- Classes & Meetings CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Youth & Teens
- J-Teen Afterschool CANCELLED
- Summer Adventure Camp open with modified programming requirements.
- Family Fun Fest CANCELLED.
Planning, Building, and Code Enforcement
Planning, Building and Code Enforcement staff have moved to the Pacifica Community Center at 540 Crespi Dr., and our Departments are open to the public. Masks are required at all times in City buildings. The Planning & Building location at 1800 Francisco Blvd., is temporarily closed.
(for the most up-to-date information see the Planning and Building webpage)
Building Division (permits, inspections, and plan check)
- Building Permit Applications: All permit applications and plan submittals must be submitted electronically at http://greenvue.csgengr.com/pacifica2/public/PermitLogin.aspx?From=PR
- Construction Sites: It is the responsibility of the property owner, contractor, job site manager, and/or foreman to ensure compliance with the San Mateo County Health Officer’s Order and State Guidance. Prior to permit issuance, please complete the Social distancing acknowledgement form and return back to us through the online permit portal.
- Building Inspections: Building inspection services will continue, observing social distancing requirements and construction site safety protocols. Real-time video inspection is encouraged at the discretion of the Building Official. To Schedule an inspection, including a real-time video inspection please call (650) 737-1000.
- General Questions: To contact a staff member is available to answer questions via phone or email only. To contact a staff member, call or send an email to email@example.com or (650) 738-7344 (please leave a voicemail) .
- Development Projects: Please contact your assigned planner via email contact info listed on this webpage or call (650) 738-7341. Be sure to provide an email address when leaving a voicemail message.
- General Questions/Zoning Inquiries: Staff is available to answer questions via email. Call or send an email and someone will respond via email as soon as possible: firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 738-7341. Be sure to provide an email address when leaving a voicemail message. Your inquiry will be assigned to the planner on duty.
- New Complaints: Limited services will continue. Code Enforcement will only be responding to complaints that pose an immediate threat to public health/safety. All other complaints will be documented and follow-up will be performed once the Order is lifted.
- General Questions: Staff is available to answer questions. Contact Code Enforcement at (650) 738-7343 or email@example.com.
Planning Staff Directory: www.cityofpacifica.org/depts/planning/default.asp
- Lobby is OPEN to the public 9/3/2021. Masks are required in all City facilities.
- New lobby hours are: Monday, Tuesday, Thursday: 8:00am - 5:00pm, Wednesday: 8:00am - 7:30pm, Friday: 8:00am - 1:30pm.
- Medical waste disposal is now available to the public.
- Fire Stations are closed to the public for non-safety related issues.
Engineering Division: Encroachment Permits, Inspections, Plan Checks, and Capital Projects
- The Engineering offices are open to the public. Masks are required at all times in City buildings.
- To contact a staff member, call (650) 738-3767 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond as soon as possible.
- For information about specific services please visit the Engineering page here.
Field Services Division: Streets and Park Maintenance
- The Field Services offices are open to the public. Masks are required at all times in City buildings.
- To report streets and park maintenance issues, call (650) 738-3760 or send an email to email@example.com and someone will respond as soon as possible.
- For information about specific services please visit the Field Services page here.
- Calera Creek Water Recycling Plant is closed to the Public or by appointment only.
- All sewer lateral applications and permits can still be rendered by calling 650-738-4660 during business hours. Hard copies of the application are available in a mail box marked "Sewer Lateral Program" in front of the Administration office. Applicants may also drop off applications in the same mail box.
- All deliveries will be accepted during business hours by calling 650-207-0659 and all packages should be left in front of the Administration office.
- Wastewater Plant Operation and Collections will remain operational. Social distancing is in effect at CCWRP office areas including the lunchroom.
City Council & Planning Commission
- Meetings are being held virtually via videoconference (Zoom) through September 30, 2021. For City Council and Planning Commission meeting information, including: dates, agenda outlines, packets, and minutes, please go to the online meeting portal.
- To Observe the Meeting:
- To access the meeting by computer / smartphone: Go to the Zoom link provided in the meeting agenda for the meeting in which you wish to participate.
- To dial in via phone: Dial one of the numbers provided in the meeting agenda for the meeting in which you wish to participate. For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location.
- To Participate in the Meeting by Providing Public Comment:
- During the Meeting: Live verbal public comments may be made by members of the public joining the meeting via Zoom. Zoom access information is provided in each meeting agenda. Use the “raise hand” feature (for those joining by phone, press *9 to “raise hand”) during the public comment period for the agenda item you wish to address. The City Clerk will call on people to speak by name provided or last 4 digits of phone number for dial-in attendees. Please clearly state your full name for the record at the start of your public comment.
- Before the Meeting: Written public comments for the record may be submitted in advance by the deadline specified in the Agenda on the meeting date by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and will be made part of the written record but will not be read verbally at the meeting. These comments will be posted to the City’s website for review prior to the meeting.
Written public comments submitted by email should adhere to the following:
- Clearly indicate the Agenda Item No. or specify “Oral Communications” in the Subject Line for items not on the agenda
- Include the submitter’s full name
- Alternative Ways to Watch the Meeting (City Council and Planning Commission):
- The primary method for observing and participating in the meeting is via the Zoom access provided in the meeting agenda for the meeting in which you wish to participate. However, there are alternative ways to watch the meeting:
- Note: The methods of observing the meeting or providing public comments may be altered or the meeting may be cancelled, if needed. You may check on the status of the meeting by visiting the City’s website at www.cityofpacifica.org for any updates or changes, should they occur.
- For further details on virtual meeting and public participation format for City Council and/or Planning Commission meetings, please see the meeting agenda outline, which can be found on the online meeting portal once the agenda for that meeting has been published
- To receive an email notice with City Council and/or Planning Commission agendas when they are made public, please email the City Clerk with your request in writing.
Other Committees & Commissions
Return to top of page