City of Pacifica Program and Facility Impacts
(updated 1:00pm on 08/14/2020)
The City is working hard to ensure the health and well-being of our community with minimal service interruption. To reduce spread of the Coronavirus, some staff are working remotely and some City Offices are closed to the public. City services are offered virtually and remotely to the greatest extent feasible. For a quick guide to services, go to our Virtual City Hall.
|For More Detailed Information, Click Department Name Below
General City Hall Information
City Attorney/Claims for Damages
- For general inquiries, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 650-738-7395.
- For Business Licenses, call 650-738-7395 for the required forms and to schedule an appointment to submit them.
- For check payments, please pay by mail: City of Pacifica, Attn: Finance Department, 170 Santa Maria Ave., Pacifica, CA 94044
- For cash payments please call and make an appointment.
Parks, Beaches, & Recreation
- The Parks, Beaches and Recreation Department is available via email/phone
- Beach Parking Pass are available for purchase online. Passes will be mailed out weekly. Receipt on dashboard may be used until pass is received. To compensate our annual Pacifica State Beach parking pass holders for the period of beach parking lots closure, the City of Pacifica is extending the expiration of current parking passes based on the renewal date.
- Brink Pool Classes CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE. All aquatic programming cancelled as of 8/1/20 at 12:01am.
Child Care Services
- All Child Care Sites will be closed August 17, 2020 and August 18, 2020. Programming will resume on Wed. 8/19/20
- Child Care Sites Open 7/6 open 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with modified programming requirements.
- Preschool at Fairmont Park Open 7/6 open 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with modified programming requirements.
- Preschool at Fairmont West Open 7/6 open 8:00 am - 5:00 pm with modified programming requirements.
- Skatepark is OPEN (as of 06/17/2020)
- Dog Parks are OPEN (as of 07/01/2020)
- Playgrounds are closed UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
- Pacifica Municipal Pier is OPEN (as of 06/17/2020)
- Beach Parking lots are OPEN (as of 05/30/2020)
- Linda Mar South Lot, Rockaway Beach, and Pier bathrooms are OPEN and are cleaned frequently. All other bathrooms are CLOSED.
- Classes & Meetings CANCELLED UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE
Youth & Teens
- J-Teen Afterschool CANCELLED
- Summer Adventure Camp open with modified programming requirements.
- Family Fun Fest CANCELLED.
Planning & Building
(for the most up-to-date information see the Planning and Building webpage)
Building Division (permits, inspections, and plan check)
- Building Permit Applications: All permit applications and plan submittals must be submitted electronically at greenvue.csgengr.com/pacifica2/public/
- Construction Sites: It is the responsibility of the property owner, contractor, job site manager, and/or foreman to ensure compliance with the San Mateo County Health Officer’s Order and State Guidance.
- Building Inspections: Building inspection services will continue, observing social distancing requirements and construction site safety protocols. Real-time video inspection is encouraged at the discretion of the Building Official.
To Schedule an inspection, including a real-time video inspection please call (650) 738-7344.
- General Questions: Staff is available to answer questions via phone or email only. To contact a staff member, call or send an email to email@example.com or (650) 738-7344.
- Development Projects: Project processing will continue. Staff is working remotely and can assist you with your project or application. Please contact your assigned planner via email contact info listed on this webpage or leave a message at (650) 738-7341. Be sure to provide an email address when leaving a voicemail message.
- General Questions/Zoning Inquiries: Staff is available to answer questions via email. Call or send an email and someone will respond via email as soon as possible: firstname.lastname@example.org or (650) 738-7344. Be sure to provide an email address when leaving a voicemail message. Your inquiry will be assigned to the planner on duty.
- New Complaints: Limited services will continue. Code Enforcement will only be responding to complaints that pose an immediate threat to public health/safety. All other complaints will be documented and follow-up will be performed once the Order is lifted.
- General Questions: Staff is available to answer questions via phone or email. Contact Code Enforcement at (650) 738-7343 or email@example.com.
Planning Staff Directory: www.cityofpacifica.org/depts/planning/default.asp
- Lobby doors are closed and staff can be accessed by phone.
- Due to lobby closure, there is no medical waste disposal until further notice. They are not making collections.
- Fire Stations are closed to the public for non-safety related issues.
Engineering Division: Encroachment Permits, Inspections, Plan Checks, and Capital Projects
- All encroachment permit applications and other services can still be rendered either online (www.cityofpacifica.org/depts/pw/default.asp), via email to firstname.lastname@example.org, or via phone during business hours.
- To contact a staff member, call (650) 738-3767 or send an email to email@example.com and someone will respond as soon as possible.
- Encroachment Permit Inspections: In order to comply with the Health Officer’s Order, it is anticipated that most projects will pause and not require inspections or permit issuance while the Order is in effect. However, the Order does exempt certain essential services such as those necessary to maintain the safety, sanitation, and essential operation of residences, essential activities, and essential businesses. If you believe your project meets these criteria and is required to safely occupy your structure, please contact Engineering Division staff at the phone number or email address provided above and you will be contacted with information on how to proceed, if possible.
- Capital Projects: Staff is working remotely and can assist you with the City’s Capital Projects. Please contact the project engineer via email or leave a message at (650) 738-3767.
Field Services Division: Streets and Park Maintenance
- To report streets and park maintenance issues, call (650) 738-3760 or send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and someone will respond as soon as possible.
- Calera Creek Water Recycling Plant is closed to the Public.
- All sewer lateral applications and permits can still be rendered by calling 650-738-4660 during business hours. Hard copies of the application are available in a mail box marked "Sewer Lateral Program" in front of the Administration office. Applicants may also drop off applications in the same mail box.
- All deliveries will be accepted during business hours by calling 650-207-0659 and all packages should be left in front of the Administration office.
- Wastewater Plant Operation and Collections will remain operational. Social distancing is in effect at CCWRP office areas including the lunchroom.
City Council & Planning Commission
- Meetings are scheduled for essential business items only. For meeting information, including: dates, agenda outlines, packets, and minutes, please go to the online meeting portal.
While the County's Shelter in Place Order is in effect, meetings will be held virtually.
- To Observe the Meeting:
- To access the meeting by computer / smartphone: Go to the Zoom link provided in the meeting agenda for the meeting in which you wish to participate.
- To dial in via phone: Dial one of the numbers provided in the meeting agenda for the meeting in which you wish to participate. For higher quality, dial a number based on your current location.
- To Participate in the Meeting by Providing Public Comment:
- During the Meeting: Live verbal public comments may be made by members of the public joining the meeting via Zoom. Zoom access information is provided in each meeting agenda. Use the “raise hand” feature (for those joining by phone, press *9 to “raise hand”) during the public comment period for the agenda item you wish to address. The City Clerk will call on people to speak by name provided or last 4 digits of phone number for dial-in attendees. Please clearly state your full name for the record at the start of your public comment.
- Before the Meeting: Written public comments for the record may be submitted in advance by 4:00pm on the meeting date by email to: email@example.com and will be made part of the written record but will not be read verbally at the meeting. Thesee comments will be posted to the City’s website for review prior to the meeting.
Written public comments submitted by email should adhere to the following:
- Clearly indicate the Agenda Item No. or specify “Oral Communications” in the Subject Line for items not on the agenda
- Include the submitter’s full name
- Alternative Ways to Watch the Meeting:
- The primary method for observing and participating in the meeting is via the Zoom access provided in the meeting agenda for the meeting in which you wish to participate. However, there are alternative ways to watch the meeting:
- Note: The methods of observing the meeting or providing public comments may be altered or the meeting may be cancelled, if needed. You may check on the status of the meeting by visiting the City’s website at www.cityofpacifica.org for any updates or changes, should they occur.
- For further details on virtual meeting and public participation format for City Council and/or Planning Commission meetings, please see the meeting agenda outline, which can be found on the online meeting portal once the agenda for that meeting has been published
- To receive an email notice with City Council and/or Planning Commission agendas when they are made public, please email the City Clerk with your request in writing.
Other Committees & Commissions
Return to top of page