Dave Gromm, Director of Wastewater, Collection & Plant Operations and Brian K. Martinez, Collection System Manager, were interviewed by Edie Hovermale of Channel 26's 'Pacifica Currents' about the City of Pacifica's Sanitary Sewer System and the Calera Creek Water Recycling Plant. Check out the video: Pacifica's Wastewater System.
Here is a recent KTVU News Story about an engagement ring found in the wastewater collection system - Pacifica Work Crew Rescues Lost Engagement Ring
• Maintenance and operation of the Calera Creek Water Recycling Plant, sewage lift stations and storm water drainage pump stations in accordance with State and Federal law in an cost effective manner;
• To prolong the life of the collection system infrastructure and transport waste to point of treatment without disruption or overflows, while meeting the needs of citizens in the service area and all federal, state and local regulations in a cost-efficient manner.
• Develop capital reserves for improvement projects and facility replacement;
• To operate and maintain Plant odor system in a manner which would eliminate Plant odors;
• To maintain and monitor Calera Creek Wetlands;
• To evaluate sludge recycling program on a year by year bases.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES FOR FISCAL YEAR 2014-2015:
• Operate the collection system in accordance with state and federal law to minimize maintenance-related backups/overflows and to reduce wet weather inflow/infiltration;
• Locate points of inflow and infiltration through flow measurement/television inspection and develop improvement programs for problem areas;
• Continue implementation and refinement of the CMMS and GIS map;
• Maintain sewer evaluation television system to comply with state regulations;
• Continue implementing the Long Range Sanitary Sewer Capital Plan;
• Reduce sanitary sewer overflows to under 10
• Continue to implement and evaluate chemical root control program
• Perform at least 90 miles of line cleaning activities
• Perform at least 15 miles of CCTV inspection and assessment activities
• Continue to perform sewer main and manhole repairs identified through line cleaning and CCTV activities
• Construct a new 10 inch force main for Brighton Pump Station
• Complete the Force Main Condition Assessment Project