FOR INFORMATION REGARDING THE CITY OF PACIFICA'S SEWER LATERAL PROGRAM, PLEASE CLICK HERE
Dave Gromm, Director of Wastewater, Collection & Plant Operations and Brian K. Martinez, Collection System Manager, were recently interviewed by Edie Hovermale of Channel 26's 'Pacifica Currents' about the City of Pacifica's Sanitary Sewer System and the Calera Creek Water Recycling Plant. Click here to watch the video 'Pacifica's Wastewater System.
• Maintenance and operation of the Calera Creek Water Recycling Plant, sewage lift stations and storm water drainage pump stations in accordance with State and Federal law in an cost effective manner;
• To prolong the life of the collection system infrastructure and transport waste to point of treatment without disruption or overflows, while meeting the needs of citizens in the service area and all federal, state and local regulations in a cost-efficient manner.
• Develop capital reserves for improvement projects and facility replacement;
• To operate and maintain Plant odor system in a manner which would eliminate Plant odors;
• To maintain and monitor Calera Creek Wetlands;
• To evaluate sludge recycling program on a year by year bases.
GOALS AND OBJECTIVES FOR FISCAL YEAR 2012-2013:
- Maintain the Biological Odor Filter and develop a Filter median replacement program;
- Install roof at Calera Creek gallery area;
- Operate the collection system in accordance with state and federal law to minimize maintenance-related backups/overflows and to reduce wet weather inflow/infiltration;
- Maintain electronic work order system for preventive maintenance program for plant and collection system;
- Maintain sewer evaluation television system to comply with state regulations;
- Complete sewer master plan project;
- Continue implementation of our restaurant grease interceptor inspection program;
- Replace Emergency Generator at Linda Mar Pump Station;
- Implement improvements and projects recommended in the Collection System Master Plan
- Perform Feasibility Study of the Equalization Basin, and commence with necessary environmental documents and study;
- Continue to Implement the Sewer Lateral Program;
- Commense with Phase II of the ATAD Modification Project;
- Purchase new Vac-Con Truck and Service Truck.