Calera Creek Water Treatment Plant
700 Coast Highway
Pacifica, CA 94044
Closed on Holidays
***7/25/16 - We are in the process of replacing the media of our Biofilters. This would involve shutting down one half of the Biofilters. The other half would be operational and the work is scheduled for 2 to 3 weeks. ***
Dave Gromm, former Director of Wastewater and Collections, along with Brian K. Martinez, Collection System Manager, were interviewed by Edie Hovermale of Channel 26's 'Pacifica Currents' about the City of Pacifica's Sanitary Sewer System and the Calera Creek Water Recycling Plant. Check out the video: Pacifica's Wastewater System.
Here is a recent KTVU News Story about an engagement ring found in the wastewater collection system - Pacifica Work Crew Rescues Lost Engagement Ring
• Maintenance and operation of the Calera Creek Water Recycling Plant, sewage lift stations and storm water drainage pump stations in accordance with State and Federal law in an cost effective manner;
• To prolong the life of the collection system infrastructure and transport waste to point of treatment without disruption or overflows, while meeting the needs of citizens in the service area and all federal, state and local regulations in a cost-efficient manner.
• Develop capital reserves for improvement projects and facility replacement;
• To operate and maintain Plant odor system in a manner which would eliminate Plant odors;
• To maintain and monitor Calera Creek Wetlands;
• To evaluate sludge recycling program on a year by year bases.