Pacifica's youth and teen programs hope to provide an avenue for personal exploration and social development through recreational activities that respond to the real needs and interests of specific age groups. These programs promote self-esteem through the development of social skills and peer involvement in positive leisure activities.
Youth and teen programs are designed to engage participants through a variety of activities such as:
- Various summer trips for teens (Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk, Great America, Raging Waters)
- Homework Center for K-8th grades living or attending school in Pacifica
- After school Program for 6th, 7th and 8th graders at Cabrillo Elementary School
- Monthly Friday night dances for 6th, 7th and 8th graders
- Special events throughout the year (Fun Fest, Junior Olympics)
- Leaders in Training Education Program
Also, please visit the community calendar to see current happenings and how you can participate in our events.
The youth and teen programs are funded by the Pacifica Parks, Beaches & Recreation Department's general fund.
The programs are also partially funded by small grants and donations from the community.
50th Annual Junior Olympics 2014
Wednesday, April 23, 2014 Trials, Groups 1 & 2
Wednesday, May 7, 2014 Trials & Finals, Groups 3 & 4
Saturday, May 10, 2014 Finals, Groups 1 & 2
For more info, call the Parks, Beaches and Recreation Dept. at 650-738-7376 (Recreation Coordinator's Office), or the main office at 650-738-7381. To download registration forms click here