Live Scan Services
The Pacifica Police Department offers both ink and Live Scan fingerprinting services for pre-employment or licensing requirements.
Applicant Fingerprint Process
- Obtain and fill out the Applicant Submission Form (BCII8016)
- Call the Police Department at (650) 738-7335 to set up an appointment.
Live Scan and Ink roll services are done by appointment only.
Monday 7:00 am to 3:00 pm
Wednesday 7:00 am to 6:00 pm
Friday 7:00 am to 12:00 pm
- Bring a valid photo ID with you to the appointment (i.e. Driver’s License or passport)
- Be prepared to pay the appropriate fees by Exact cash or check only.
$45.00 - City of Pacifica service fee always applies
$32.00 - * DOJ (Department of Justice) processing fee
$17.00 - * FBI (Federal Bureau of Investigation) processing fee
$15.00 - * Child Abuse Central Index Check
$19.00 - * Firearms Check
- Upon submission, the Technician will provide you with two copies of the Live Scan form (with the confirmation number known as the ATI number) or the 10-print card. It is the responsibility of the applicant to mail/hand the copies to the appropriate parties.
- The employer will be notified of the results by the Department of Justice (DOJ).
- If you or your employer receive a rejection notice, please contact the police department and set up a re-submission appointment. Under these circumstances, please follow steps 1-6 and bring both your previous submission form along with the new submission form completely filled out.
- If you have not received your LIVESCAN response, you may call the Department of Justice 24-hour automated response line to check on the status of your submission at (916) 227-4557. Have your ATI number and birthdate available.