The Pacifica Police Department was first housed in city hall from 1959 to 1969. These quarters were cramped at best and the old school bus barn at 171 Salada Avenue was converted to a police station and served until 1982. In 1982, that building was converted to a patrol services building and the Little Brown Church at 1850 Francisco Boulevard then housed Records, Communications, Investigations and Administration.
However, a 1996 Property Condition Report by an engineering firm declared that the building could not be brought up to the standards of an emergency services building.
Citizens Organized for a Police Station (COPS), a non-profit organization of citizens, Pacifica police officers and their families dedicated to public awareness of the need for a new police station, were successful in bringing together many divergent groups to raise funds for the building and furnishing of a new and functional police facility.
Centrally located within Pacifica, the city's current police station was dedicated on October 26th of 2002 and is a state-of-the-art facility that houses all divisions of the Pacifica Police Department.
Some of the amenities of the station include holding cells, patrol briefing room, basic forensics lab, interview rooms, property room, armory, records storage, meeting rooms, various offices and the City of Pacifica's Emergency Operations Center. A display of police equipment used throughout the years is located in the lobby of the station.
To schedule a tour of the police station for your Pacifica group, please call our main business line at 650-738-7314.