PACIFICA STATE BEACH PARKING PROGRAM
A parking receipt or pass is required to park in both the north and south Pacifica State Beach Parking lots on Highway 1 and the Crespi Parking Lot located on the corner of Crespi Dr. and Highway 1 adjacent to the Pacifica Community Center.
Daily Parking Fees - as of August 25, 2014*
*Beginning August 25, 2014, the daily fee to park one vehicle in the Parking Lots is $4 for a period of less than 4 hours and $8 for a period of more than 4 hours (or all day). This fee is for one motor vehicle and is non-transferable. This fee authorizes vehicle parking during paid parking hours on the calendar day (or the remaining portion thereof) that the fee is paid. Once purchased, the daily permit must be placed face up on the dashboard of the vehicle so that it is viewable at all times by an enforcement officials.
Beach Parking Paid Hours of Operation
Hours for paid parking will be from 8:00 A.M. to 8:00 P.M each day.
Parking of a vehicle in the Parking Lots without clear exterior display of a valid receipt or valid pass for said vehicle will constitute an offense for which a parking citation may be issued to the registered owner of said vehicle.
Annual Parking Pass - Now Available for purchase - Annual Pass price is increasing September 1, 2014**
To Purchase a Pass click here
- The Annual Parking Pass allows you to park in both the north and south Pacifica State Beach Parking Lots on Highway 1 and the Crespi Parking Lot located on the corner of Crespi Dr. and Highway 1 adjacent to the Pacifica Community Center.
- Passes may be purchased at the Pacifica Parks, Beaches and Recreation Office, 1810 Francisco Blvd., or online at https://activenet003.active.com/pacifica/. Please bring the license plate number of the vehicle for which you wish to purchase the pass as well as the make and year. The cost is $50 for the Annual Parking Pass. **On September 1, 2014, the Annual Parking Pass cost will be $65
- A transaction fee set by the third party vendor will be charged for all online permit purchases.
- If purchased online, customers must create an account on ActiveNet. Parking passes will be mailed to the customer. Please print a copy of the receipt for your records.
- Passes are valid for 1 year after the date of purchase; may be purchased at any time.
- You may only renew a pass during the month it expires.
- Beach parking is not allowed at the rear Community Center parking lot.
The Annual Parking Pass is valid ONLY at
North Pacifica State Beach Parking Lot
South Pacifica State Beach Parking Lot
Crespi Parking Lot
- Fees tendered for any pass, including third party vendor fees, are non-refundable.
- The parking pass must be permanently affixed to the window on the vehicle for which it was purchased on the inside, lower left corner of the front windshield (driver's side so that it is viewable at all times by an enforcement official.
- Passes are valid for a 12-month period from the date of sale (expiring the end of the month one year after purchase date).
- Parking passes will be issued for one vehicle and are not transferable to any other person or vehicle.
- A new pass will need to be purchased if it is lost or misplaced for any reason.
- If you purchase a different vehicle or replace your windshield during the year, bring the pass in and it will be replaced for $10.00. If you do not bring in the pass you must pay the full price.
- The city is not responsible for lost, stolen, or misplaced passes. Another pass can be purchased at the current price.
- Possession of this pass does not guarantee a parking space. Parking is on a first-come, first-served basis.
Seniors in Action Member Parking Placard
(Crespi Parking Lot Only)
- Seniors In Action (SIA) members in good standing will be issued an annual SIA parking placard which will allow them to park at the Crespi Parking Lot, Mondays-Fridays from 8am-5pm for use of the Community Center only.
- An SIA parking placard will be issued at the time of SIA membership registration by the Senior Services Division of the Parks, Beaches and Recreation Department. Placards expire annually on September 30.
- In addition, the parking lot behind the Center may be utilized without a permit/placard for Community Center activities, which include Senior Services, special events, skatepark use, classes, and recreation events.
- An SIA placard will only be for the SIA member’s transportation to and from the Center. A placard will not be transferable to any other person.
- The placard should be prominently displayed on the rear view mirror of the vehicle so that it is viewable at all times by an enforcement official.
- Senior placards are NOT valid for Pacifica State Beach Parking Lots and are for use in the Crespi Lot ONLY.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ's)
Regarding Parking at Linda Mar Beach
Can I park in the lot behind the Community Center if I am going to the beach?
No. The Community Center lot located behind the Center is for Community Center and Skatepark parking ONLY.
540 Crespi Drive
Pacifica Community Center
Can I use an annual California State Parks Pass?
No. Pacifica State Beach is operated by the City
of Pacifica, not the State of California.
Revenue from the City’s parking program goes towards maintenance and
operation of the beach.
Do I need to get a parking receipt if I am only going to be parked for a few minutes?
There are marked 30-minute stalls where you may park for free. For these spots, you are required to get a parking receipt to display; however, you are not charged for it.
Does it cost more to park larger vehicles such as R.V.'s or buses?
No, the cost is the same, however larger vehicles must park in the south parking lot where there are designated spaces for larger vehicles.
How much is the fine for my parking violation?
Fines vary according to the violation. The fine amount should be indicated on the citation.
I received a parking ticket while at one of the beach parking lots. Can I pay my ticket at the police department?
No. Ticket fines can be mailed to:
Office of Parking Violations
City of Pacifica
P.O. Box 9003
Redwood City, California 94063-9003
- or -
may be paid online at:
Pay your parking ticket online.
If I have a disabled person placard or plates can I park for free in the paid parking lots?
No. DP placards do not apply to metered off-street parking. You may park in the parking spaces with the International Symbol of Access (wheelchair symbol), or any of the other marked spaces; however, you will still need to purchase a daily permit or annual pass and display it in your window.
Where can I contest my citation?
If you wish to contest a parking ticket, you may send your letter and the citation to:
The Office of Parking Violations
City of Pacifica
P.O. Box 9003
Redwood City, California 94063-9003.
Your citation will be returned to the department for an administrative review. Once the process is complete, you will be notified in writing of the outcome. The police department does not accept payment for citations.